Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Winter Pizza

Tonight's meal was improvised after we discovered an unidentifiable frozen chunk in the freezer when looking for the fishbroth we used in the seafood noodles. It turned out to be pizza dough we froze months ago. We also had two frozen duck sausages left over from some other long-past meal. So I put my imagination to work and came up with this:
Duck sausage pizza with caramelized leeks, fontina cheese, and rosemary.
The dough didn't rise hardly after we defrosted it, so I was worried. But it baked perfectly, with a thin crispy crust that bubbled up on the edges. I think it's the best pizza we've made yet, and it paired really well with the last pumpkin ale in the fridge too.

2 comments:

Alice said...

yumm, looks great. Is that the Cook's Illus. pissaladiere dough? That's my favorite and easiest dough to make. If it freezes well, it's a triple threat!

Gustavo said...

No, I think this is the dough recipe from Martha Stewart's hors d'oeuvre book. It is also really good and freezes well.