Saturday, December 9, 2006

The fudon tonight's table . . .


The end of the semester is at hand. I am cherishing the moments I take to took and eat even more. But really it's going to be a lot of pizza and takeout chinese most likely for the next two weeks. That can be fun too I guess, but usually when lots of pitchers of beer are involved. I used up more of the Japanese goods I bought last week tonight to make yellow curry udon noodles with tofu and baby beat greens. It was pretty good, but there was no cans of yellow curry paste at the store the other day, so I improvised my own based on a dubious recipe from the internet and without some of the ingredients that should have gone it. It definitely tasted like it was missing something, but was still very good. I've never seen beet greens in the super market before, but we love to eat the greens along with the beet roots we buy in the farmers market, so I picked them up. It was a good move. They wilted more slowly and were sweeter than spinach.

No comments: