Thursday, December 14, 2006

A day not entirely wasted


I was pathetic today. I had enough time to finish my obligations for the semester today, but couldn't muster enough initiative to do it, meaning I will have to do it tomorrow. I ended up wasting time on the internet because I was too unmotivated to get any work done. At least I was able to cook again, and dinner was great tonight. Spinach Fettuccine with citrus rosemary cream. It was a perfect combination, and once again totally improvised. I think in the end, my disorganization and inability to plan anything has served me in at least this one way. I am a master of combining whatever I have in the fridge/pantry. So when I do my shopping I make sure I've got staples at home, pick up whatever vegetables look good, and then whatever random things inspire me that day. I try and keep a variety of non perishable, frozen, slower-spoiling , and fresh goods around, but besides that I don't have a grocery list or planned menu. When I am going to cook, I take inventory and make up the combinations to use up things before they spoil. It works really well. Someday I'll take the camera shopping with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's much better than me, who throws away at least half of the produce I buy and I even make a menu for the week!
-Alice