Saturday, December 16, 2006

Home at Last


I finished everything on Thursday and am officially on break! It has been such a long semester. Handing in my second year paper, studying and passing generals, immediately jumping into classes and projects, trying to make progress on a dissertation, and trying to take care of myself and figure out what kind of person I want to be all at the same time has been really exhausting. It has been a productive semester, but I am glad that it is over and really optimistic about what is ahead. David finished his work for the semester the same day, and we celebrated that night with a very convenient (no labor-necessary) but very indulgent dinner of wine and french cheese. We had a soft sheeps' milk coated with rosemary, and a cows-milk brie. Also, homemade bread, olives, cherry preserves, and porchetta, a pretty amazing cold sliced pork tenderloin from Italy. I've heard people rave about this, and now that we tried it I know why. The vittles were all courtesy of Capone's Italian market in my very own union square. This place is fantastic. I'm planning on going tomorrow, so maybe I'll take my camera and do a whole feature.


I meant to post this on Thursday night, but there was a camera mix up. David has been taking all the pictures on his camera (and I've passed along all the compliments, by the way), and I made him use the newer nicer camera that I got for Christmas from my parents last year. Turns out, I only have the cord to connect the camera to the T.V. and not to the computer, so they are stranded on the card. Luckily David took a few on his camera first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gustavo- I found your blog from Hanna's and it is just divine! She has long raved about your talent and now I get to see for myself. And who knew Capone's had a website - ahhh, I miss Somerville! So naturally I checked it out and noticed their ginger and lemon pastas...have you tried these? I've never seen those types before and they sounded so intriguing! So now I'm on a mission to find ginger pasta in DC, not that I'll know what to do with it. Any ideas?