Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Old Pictures, Fresh Sushi




Here is some sushi me and david made some time ago. I believe it was swordfish, which has now become but a fond memory. The near collapse of fisheries seriously keeps me up at night. We are headed for a bleak deliciousless world if somethings not done. I can't immagine a world without the fish that have brought me and my belly such joy. So starting this fall I've been really careful about what fish I'll eat. Check out http://www.mbayaq.org/cr/SeafoodWatch/web/sfw_regional.aspx?region_id=2 for a list of safe purchases.


David and I are a great sushi team. I prepare the fish, sushi rice, and the filling ingredients. I also come up with the concepts for the combinations. David provides the crucial technical skills such as rolling, pressing, and presentation, which I am not so good at.





No comments: