Monday, February 26, 2007

आलू हीरो

I think I'm settling into a routine now. I am now exercising, getting work done daily, and am adicted to a television program that can serve as the anchor to my weekly scheduling. Heroes was pretty good tonight, it certainly answered some persistent questions. But next week's looks totally awesome. I'll have to cook a special meal.
This week I made some indian-style potatoes with cabbage, onion, and peas, and brown butter.
I bought a bag of organic potatoes a few weeks ago at the grocery store that are starting to sprout, so I think we'll be eating a lot of potatoes for a little while. I also picked up some frozen naan at what I believe is a pakistani grocery near my house. They are prebaked, so you just reheat them in the oven or on the stove, and they actually are really good. My mom and I tried to make naan over christmas and, somehow, its one of the few things we consistently can't get right. These inspired me to change what were going to be european potatoes midway through. They were improvised, so I don't know how authentic these aloo were, but they were tasty and relatively simple to make. I was thinking of using the left overs to make samosas . . .

1 comment:

Alice said...

Chris and I are already addicted to too many tv programs, it's pretty absurd. Tonight is Wednesday, that's LOST day, hooray!!